The best EDTECH start-ups for enlightED 2018
enlightED served as a window onto the world and a networking space for edtech startups. Hence a special competition has been launched to award prizes to the best 10 edtech startups worldwide, which can be at any stage of development.
Selected startups came from South Summit and had the opportunity to have their own space at the event, thereby gaining advantages that include enhanced visibility, access to education, and meetings with potential investors or businesses that seek innovation and mentoring.
There were enlightED Awards, which included three special prizes:
- IE University enlightED Prize for the "Best Startup in Higher Education."
- Fundación Telefónica enlightED Prize for the "Startup with the Biggest Social Impact on Education."
- Wayra & Telefónica Educación Digital enlightED Prize for the "Best Tech Solution for Learning and Education".
Evaluation criteria for entries included innovative nature, viability, scalability, team profile, and a capacity for attracting investment. The judges' panel comprised international investors, entrepreneurs and experts in a range of sectors.
The winners will be given access to the IE Rockets Edtech Startup Accelerator, to Wayra's international entrepreneurs network, and to the entire South Summit investor system, as well as having the opportunity to collaborate with its partners.
The three startups awarded were:
- LINGOKIDS: start up with more social impact for education
- SENSE: best technical education for learning
- U-PLANNER: best start up in high education